Monday, March 16, 2009

HDTV

Look at my goofy rabbit ears! This is what I have resorted to in order to keep up with technology and to keep up with my Survivor, Amazing Race and other beloved tv shows. My old tv isn't HDTV capable and because our rooftop antennae is also old and missing a few prongs rendering it incapable of pulling in the signals we have had to hook up these handy dandy rabbit ears along with the HDTV converter box.
So I was curious as to why we are all being forced into this new wave of program viewing other than "you get a better picture and more channels" since that answer didn't cut it for me. I was perfectly happy with my fuzzy few channels. So this answer made me feel much better about the whole situation:
Converting to DTV will also free up parts of the scarce and valuable broadcast airwaves. Those portions of the airwaves can then be used for other important services, such as advanced wireless and public safety services (for example, police, fire departments, and rescue squads).

1 comment:

  1. Good to know! Cynical me, I always thought it was just a decision made to force people in to new technology! :)

    ReplyDelete