Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tree roots in the sewer lines

For several years we were being visited and revisited with this plumbing problem. It seems that tree roots kept creeping into the sewer lines by the street and backing up into our downstairs bathroom. Either in late spring or fall we had to call out Mr. Plumber to eel out the pipes every year to the tune of several hundred $$$ each time. So last fall came and went without this usual routine event. I nervously anticipated the nasty event with every flush or shower. Spring arrives and is nearing its end as summer approaches. Still no need for our Plumber friend. Don't get me wrong, I am delighted that we can be rid of this ritual.

So without any scientifical proof or research I have developed a theory that coincides with the arrival of our recent family member. When we got Snickers back in July last year I decided to try flushable kitty litter for convenience sake. I have a sneaking suspicion that something in the kitty litter or in Snickers business is keeping those tree roots from growing into the sewer lines. Whether or not this is factual, it's my story and I'm sticking to it. Nice job Snickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment