Monday, May 31, 2010

Patio Swing

Years ago we purchased this patio swing with a jack and jill. The cushions lasted awhile and there is nothing wrong with the set itself. So when it came time to replace the cushions, do you think we could find anything to fit? No sireeeee. New designs had since come out, the company that made the outfit we had no longer had replacements for that model, and the new stuff just didn't fit. So we found some lovely cushions that fit great on the jack and jill and then crossed our fingers that if we bought 3 for the swing they may magically fit. No magic. So we squished them together last summer and just made due. This year I got brave. Took me long enough to get the nerve up, but finally I took the plunge and cut up one of the cushions, sewed it back together and stuck it in the middle. Viola, it fits now!

Next I need to tackle that sad weather beaten canopy. Wish me luck!

From drab to fab. The old canopy disintigrated in my hands when I took it off, with the exception of the areas that were duct taped.

No comments:

Post a Comment